- This is a personal blog, and the only owner, writer, and editor is Raluca Belu.
- The information provided on this blog is for general information purpose only.
- Any reliance you place on any information taken from this blog is strictly at your own risk.
- The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information.
- Unless otherwise noted, Raluca Belu is the legal copyright holder of the material on this website, both photographs, and content, and it may not be used, reprinted, or published without her written consent.
- Any personal information provided to me will be kept private
Cookies & 3rd Party Advertisements
There are 3rd-party applications, however, like Google Analytics that would collect cookie and usage data. This basically means that Google will simply analyze visitor behavior in an anonymous form in order to track, examine and compile statistical reports on the traffic, activity, and visits to this website.
What information do I collect and how is it used?
- Information you voluntarily submit to the Website, such as your name or email address. We will store the username, but your password will not be visible in our records.
- Automatically-collected information: I automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, I will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. I may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: I may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. I may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
How your information may be used
I may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To create your user account on the Website
- To send you newsletters
- To operate and maintain the Website
- To send you administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts
- To respond to your comments or inquiries
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
Third-party use of personal information
I may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize me to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, I will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, I may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of my business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, I may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Publicly visible information
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible. To create a user profile, you must choose a username and password and input your email address for profile confirmation. Your email address will never be available publicly. At your option, you may also add an avatar, a profile description, and a link to your website.
You may also choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and Google Account. Users may see your username, avatar, profile description and website information.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link to an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
On the Website, you may subscribe to my newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, I may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Rights related to your personal information
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in my emails. You may also notify me at [email protected] to be removed from my mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information I have about you by submitting a request to [email protected]
Amend – You may contact me at [email protected] to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that I erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to [email protected]
Please note that I may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Sensitive personal information
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact me immediately at [email protected] and I will use my best efforts to promptly remove such information from my records.
Advertisers and sponsors
- If you purchase a product or service based upon a link from the blog, you must take action with that company to resolve the issue, not with Whisper Wanderlust. Any sponsored content or reviews will be disclosed with honesty and integrity.
- Whisper Wanderlust is not responsible for the actions of its advertisers or sponsors. If you purchase a product or service based upon a link from the Whisper Wanderlust blog, you must take action with that company to resolve the issue.
- This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.